Sunday, 14 August 2011

And The Bucket List Keeps Getting Shorter


G’day!  This past week has been a busy one to say the least.  To start off, I gave my first presentation in Australia-thirty minutes long- and wrote two papers.  Aside from a busy load of school work I was able to cross a few things off of my Australia “to do” list. 

On Tuesday night I went with my roommate and some of her friends as well as some of my friends to a place called Amigos.  They have a “Taco Tuesday” deal where tacos are $4 and tequila shots are $3.  My dad taught me well when it comes to deals so I had to go!  We then finished the night off with Cold Rock.  It’s an ice cream place identical to Cold Stone back in the states.  They have a flavor called Milo which was delicious.  It tasted somewhat like a malted milk ball in ice cream. YUM!

I downloaded some Australian music from my roommate Danielle.  She’s trying to get me more cultured!  The CDs she gave me are very relaxing and nice to do homework to.  Since I don’t know the words to the songs it isn’t very distracting because I can’t sing along.  I’ll definitely be bringing back some music with me to the states.

 I finally climbed Mount Keira!  It is a mountain just a few minute bus ride away from where I am living.  It was more than just hiking, however, and at some parts we had to climb up a stream on our hands and feet.  The view from the top made our burning quads and hamstrings worth it.  Wollongong is absolutely breathtaking.  We were able to see the mountains, the ocean and the city all at the same time.  I was also able to cross another cartwheel continent off of my bucket list!  One of the people I climbed with was a little hesitant to climb down the way we went up so we started to take a road back.  After walking for about an hour and realizing we had no idea where we were we stopped to ask a woman for directions.  She offered us a ride down and helped us get to where we wanted to be.  I guess that means I’ve hitchhiked!  (Sorry mom and dad).

This week I’m just hanging around Wollongong actually starting to work on schoolwork! I leave for Brisbane Wednesday night and am spending 5 days there.  I’ll keep you posted about the trip.  Until next time- G’day mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment